Once you’ve been to the County Fair often enough, you notice a few things. I ended up posting these elsewhere, and now that the Fair is over for the year I have decided to collect them all and post them here. For posterity.
1. Incoming livestock has the right of way.
2. If you wanted nutrition you should have stayed home.
3. “We’ve got BOTH kinds! Country AND Western!”
4. It tastes better on a stick.
5. If it’s not fried, it’s not food. (h/t to Laura)
6. You can fry anything if you try hard enough.
7. The midway belongs to the teenagers once the sun goes down.
8. That’ll wash off.
9. Yeah, the goats will eat that too.
10. Parking skills are less common than you think.
11. It is exceedingly manly to be carrying a giant stuffed animal.
11a. And to have no sleeves. (h/t to Jon)
12. “Judge not, lest ye be judged” is not the County Fair way.
13. Meet-up place? What meet-up place?
14. If you think politics is bad, try watching people argue over their preferred tractor manufacturer.
15. A cream puff IS a complete meal.
16. Pretzels deserve mustard. (h/t to Christy)
17. Lemonade is better fresh-squeezed.
18. Close-toed shoes in the livestock barn!
19. Ribbons go in the back pocket.
20. You can be both ultra-dairy and wide open. (h/t to Kim)
21. What happens at the Fair stays at the Fair.
22. Yeah, we can make that out of leather. Might even be able to put a buckle on it.
23. What goes in must come out at exactly the same time that everyone else is getting their stuff out.