So … you’ve survived History 101 and now you know all there is to know about American history from Columbus to Reconstruction.
But did you know that the story continues? That this country you live in has more history closer to hand than the presidency of Rutherford B. Hayes?
No? Well, that certainly explains a great deal of why the republic is in the state it’s in.
But you – yes, YOU! – can correct that, by the simple expedient of taking History 102! Don’t you love it when things are that easy?
So here are the top ten reasons why you should take History 102 with me, Professor Dave.
10. Be the life of the party with new-found historical knowledge!
9. Can’t get enough of those one-page essays.
8. The phrase “classical republicanism” does not appear in any lecture for this class.
7. Knowing what really happened makes it harder for politicians to fool you now.
6. Two words: “Dawes Plan”
5. Great taste and less filling!
4. No math.
3. Might be useful for understanding how the country actually works today.
2. Stories! Loads of 'em!
1. Gotta find out how it ends!