1. We live in an age of unrepentant cruelty.
2. That isn’t really news if you have been paying attention at all to what passes for American politics these days, but I still find it depressing anyway.
3. Just when I think I should stop putting in so much effort with my World History Before 1500 class and coast into the end of the semester, it turns out my students actually are getting something out of it. On the one hand, that’s why you do this sort of thing. On the other hand, well, no coasting. Oh well.
4. I actually got to sleep before midnight last night, for the first time in weeks. I am getting too old for that nonsense.
5. Having a house full of leftover Halloween candy is a dangerous, dangerous thing. Especially if there are Reese’s Peanut Butter Cups involved.
6. It’s a good thing the climate’s not really changing, because otherwise, you know, I’d be worried.
7. I really wish there were a Sarcasm Font in general use.
8. Is it just me or have the Teabaggers essentially conceded the 2012 Presidential election? I’m guessing they’ve found their mojo in simply staying on the sidelines and destroying what’s already standing - having to create something in its place would be more responsibility than they want to have. It’s always a bit disheartening when the Onion story turns out to be true.
9. The 1950s are the only decade in human history that can be reliably identified by a bass line.
10. “Historically, a story about people inside impressive buildings ignoring or even taunting people standing outside shouting out them turns out to be a story with an unhappy ending.” (Lemony Snickett). Truer words have never been spoken.