1. I took four Australians to a Mexican restaurant last Tuesday night. It went surprisingly well.
2. After nearly fourteen years, we have finally finished the canister of Creole seasoning that we bought on our honeymoon in New Orleans. Apparently we’re not as culinarily adventurous as we thought we were.
3. I spent a good portion of Thursday night in my hotel room collating conference swag while listening to a repeat of Obama’s health care address, because that is just the kind of wild man I am when left on my own in a new city. Two thoughts – first, it sounded eminently reasonable and I continue to find it incomprehensible that people are opposed to reforming one of the most sclerotic health care systems on earth. We’re number 37! Rah, team! And second, it’s nice to see that the Republican Party is continuing its plunge off the Crazy Cliff with flags flying and mouths agape. Go get ‘em, Rep. Joe Wilson! Thank you for getting that kind of cockroachery out into the open, where it can be seen for what it is.
4. Now that it is mid-September, the weather gods have finally decided to allow us to have a summer. It’s been in the 80s for the last few days, and it looks to stay there for a while. Where was this in June? Or July? Or even August?
5. Hammy and Vee have left our house to spend some time at Gracie’s, as part of the “rotating hamster” program that Kim has instigated. This way the girls don’t grow too tired of them. Eventually they will return and be Fresh And New all over again.
That is all.