Friday, January 30, 2009

News and Updates

News from the home front.

  • This employment thing is really cramping my blogging style, particularly since all of my various jobs involve a fair amount of at-home prep time. On the one hand, I'm glad to have employment in these parlous times, especially employment that I like and am qualified for. On the other hand, well, for every silver lining there must, by definition, be a cloud. But I like cloudy days.
  • The Rohirrim have arrived at the Fields of Pelannor, and all hell is breaking loose in Gondor. Tabitha and I continue to creep forward in The Lord of the Rings, a chapter here, a chapter there, and at this rate we might be done by Easter.
  • It has not snowed in measurable amounts for over a week, and I am getting nervous about that. On the other hand, I have come to consider 13 degrees as fairly warm.
  • The cats are going stir crazy. Tria keeps dashing outside, screeching to a halt as if she were on an Invisible Leash that was shorter than she remembered it being, and then rebounding back inside. Mithra just stares mournfully out the door.
  • I am really liking the new windows. The house is much less drafty.

That is all.

No comments: